As Andre Chreky’s Bridal Coordinator, I’ve had many years of helping brides navigate their wedding beauty needs. I manage hair and makeup appointments, soothe nerves, offer advice, and I am on hand “the day of” to make sure my brides look absolutely stunning. A key part of my job is working with brides and during their pre-wedding hair and makeup “trial.” It’s a key step in assuring that dreams for a picture-perfect wedding are fulfilled.I’ve also experienced the trial process from the “opposite” side of things. I recently spent the afternoon with my bride-to-be sister, Nicole, as she went through all of the steps of an Andre Chreky bridal beauty trial. I asked her to share some of her thoughts.
“Anticipating my beauty trial was both exciting and terrifying. I was exactly two months away from one of the most magical moments of my life, and looking my best was such a significant part of that day,” she writes. ALL of my bridal clients want to look more beautiful than they have ever looked on their wedding day — I wanted that for my sister, too!
Nicole continues, “Despite Winnie’s professional experience and advice, I didn’t want to be the bride that had ‘all the answers,’ giving the stylist and makeup artist too many do’s and don’ts. I didn’t add to the stress, and my trial run came out beautifully!”
I think my sister’s open-mind-attitude is the best way to approach these “dry runs.” But I also understand that some brides may not be as relaxed or carefree. So — with some help from my sister — here’s my advice on how to best prepare for YOUR bridal beauty trial:
- Ensure that your comfort level with your bridal stylist and makeup artist is high—a compatible “match” will lessen stress and worry.
- Thumb through bridal magazines and social media wedding sites. My sister says, “My best friend throughout the entire planning process was Pinterest!” She advises you to create an account if you haven’t already.
- Experiment with different lipsticks to find the best color for your skin tone. You might want to bring favorites your trial – and you’ll want to have the one you finally choose on hand to reapply on your big day.
- Bring a friend with you to the trial and have him or her take an over-the-top amount of This is the only thing we regret: not taking more photos during Nicole’s trial! (But hide the evidence away from your betrothed: you want to keep your wedding look a surprise!)
- Have FUN!!! I can’t stress this enough. Of course you want perfection, but keep this in mind: you’re beautiful and the Andre Chreky team is committed to helping you look even more beautiful. We understand the importance of our role and are experts in creating the “wow factor.” So relax, maybe grab a glass of champagne, and allow your team the time they need to do what they do best.
If you’re a bride, a bridesmaid, or the mother of a bride, as Andre Chreky’s Bridal Coordinator, I’m here to help! Call me at 202-293-9393 or email me at email@example.com. I’d love to help assure that your day goes off without a hitch.